The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating and managing industrial trucks to load and unload materials and merchandise and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities/ S/he ensures that material and products will always be at the right place to achieve maximum efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport materials and merchandise containers to/from trailers, trucks, processing areas, scales, bailing machines, and to other designated areas in warehouse.
- Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and ensure safety by performing regular maintenance.
- Perform daily equipment checks such as fluid checks, safety precautions, etc.
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies.
- Safeguards company property and reports any incidents of theft or misappropriation or unauthorized possession of company property.
- Responsible for following and ensuring all safety rules are complied with and appropriate safety equipment is used.
- Takes part in ensuring work areas are maintained in a clean, uncluttered, hazard free condition.
- Immediately takes action and/or reports any unsafe or potential hazards.
- Comply with company policies and guidelines.
Competencies Required for the Position
❖ Knowledge in industrial equipment.
❖ Basic numerical and computer skills to handle software and shipment details.
❖ Knowledge in technical drawings and plans.
❖ Knowledge in pre- and post-operation procedures for lifting equipment.
❖ Know how to follow warehouse instructions.
❖ Ability to observe procedures, specifications and manuals of instruction.
❖ Ability to maintain tools and equipment.
❖ Ability to perform basic preventive maintenance servicing for lifting equipment.
❖ Time management.
❖ Attention to detail skills.
❖ Having a good sense of balance.
❖ Having good eye-hand-foot coordination.
❖ Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
❖ Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season.
- Candidate must possess at least a High School Diploma, Vocational Diploma / Short Course Certificate, any field
- Candidate must be a TESDA Certified Forklift Operator (NC II)
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience as Forklift Operator is required for this position
- Okay with shifting schedule/s
- Willing to be assigned in Balintawak, Quezon City
- 2 Direct and Full-Time position(s) available